Some of ne's features:
* Three user interfaces: control keystrokes, command line, and drop-down top menus (accesible with ESC, or F1).
* Keystrokes and menus are completely configurable (default keybindings like CTRL+Q, CTRL+S, CTRL+O, etc, resemble GUI editors).
* Syntax highlighting.
* Full support for UTF-8 files, including multiple-column characters.
* 64-bit file/line length.
* Simple scripting language where scripts can be generated via an idiotproof record/play method.
* Unlimited undo/redo capability (can be disabled with a command).
* Automatic preferences system based on the extension of the file name being edited or regex content matching.
* Automatic completion of prefixes using words in your documents as dictionary.
* A file requester with completion features for easy file retrieval.
* Extended regular expression search and replace a la emacs and vi.
* A very compact memory model—you can easily load and modify very large files, even if they do not fit your core memory.
* Editing of binary files.