It includes modules for many different purposes, including:
- twisted.application: A Service system that allows you to organize your application in hierarchies with well-defined startup and dependency semantics.
- twisted.cred: A general credentials and authentication system that facilitates pluggable authentication backends.
- twisted.enterprise: Asynchronous database access, compatible with any Python DBAPI2.0 modules.
- twisted.internet: Low-level asynchronous networking APIs that allow you to define your own protocols that run over certain transports.
- twisted.manhole: A tool for remote debugging of your services which gives you a Python interactive interpreter.
- twisted.protocols: Basic protocol implementations and helpers for your own protocol implementations.
- twisted.python: A large set of utilities for Python tricks, reflection, text processing, and anything else.
- twisted.spread: A secure, fast remote object system.
- twisted.trial: A unit testing framework that integrates well with Twisted-based code.