It includes some new features, important fixes, and aims for portability and 64 bit correctness.
To install the game data under Haiku, copy the id1 folder from a normal Quake installation to the following directory: ~/config/non-packaged/data/QuakeSpasm/. Mods should be installed to the same directory.
- Supports Windows, Mac OS X, Haiku, Linux, and other unices.
- Well tested on both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms. Well tested on both little endian and big endian platforms.
- OpenGL improvements. In-game resolution changing.
- Widescreen FOV (field of view) support and automatic Hor+ FOV scaling.
- Improved sound support. Support for OGG, MP3, Opus and WAV external music files.
- Improved game controller support using SDL2.
- Countless bug fixes, security fixes and other improvements.
- Support for playing the 'Quake 2021 re-release' content.