- high-level wrappers for common HTTP and WebDAV operations (GET, MOVE, DELETE, etc.).
- low-level interface to the HTTP request/response engine, allowing the use of arbitrary HTTP methods, headers, etc.
- authentication support including Basic and Digest support, along with GSSAPI-based Negotiate on Unix, and SSPI-based Negotiate/NTLM on Win32.
- SSL/TLS support using OpenSSL or GnuTLS; exposing an abstraction layer for verifying server certificates, handling client certificates, and examining certificate properties. Smartcard-based client certificates are also supported via a PKCS#11 wrapper interface.
- abstract interface to parsing XML using libxml2 or expat, and wrappers to simplify handling XML HTTP response bodies.
- WebDAV metadata support; wrappers for PROPFIND and PROPPATCH to simplify property manipulation.