* Sourcetree upgraded with autoconf/automake/libtool and all the other stuff, people like in standard linux libraries.
* All 3rd party libraries (jpeg, OggVorbis) were removed to reduce download size, compilation time and code duplication on users harddisks. Instead, the sytemwide installed libaries are autodetected by the configure script.
* All codecs have been moved into dynamically loadable modules. This makes it possible to distribute closed source codecs (or codecs with an incompatible license) as separate packages.
* Unlike other quicktime libraries, we are source compatible with quicktime4linux. Programs like cinelerra or xmovie can be compiled with libquicktime (if the build system is modified, see our web page for more info).
* The codecs themselves are also source compatible with quicktime4linux, so porting codecs between quicktime4linux and libquicktime requires only little brain load.
* Special API extensions allow access to the codec registry. Applications can get important information about the codecs, their settable parameters etc. at runtime.