* Friendly community. Most of the people here are friendly, and they will try to help you if they can.
* There are 12 skills in the game: Attack, Defense, Harvest, Alchemy, Magic, Potion, Summoning, Manufacturing, Crafting, Engineering, Tailoring and Ranging.
* There are no fixed class restrictions, so you can develop your character in any way you wish. You, as a player, determine exactly how you develop your character. If you make mistakes, or decide to change or adjust your build, you can do so.
* Eternal Lands is not just about combat. Many players focus on more peaceful activities such as collecting resources, creating items, summoning monsters and so on. But if you like combat, there is plenty of it as well, both PvP and PvE.
* The game client is relatively small, the download being only 50MB. That's under a minute on a cable modem, and a few minutes on a DSL connection.
* Eternal Lands is a multiplatform game, running on Windows, Linux, Haiku and OSX (Mac). The client is open source..