It is open source project and can be used free of charge, even for business.
It starts quite fast: ~0.3 sec with ~30 plugins, on Linux on CPU Intel Core i3 3Hz.
It is extensible by Python add-ons: plugins, linters, code tree parsers, external tools.
Syntax parser is feature-rich, based on EControl engine (though not as fast as in some competitors).
* Syntax highlight for lot of languages (250+ lexers).
* Code tree: structure of functions/classes/etc, if lexer allows it.
* Code folding.
* Multi-carets and multi-selections.
* Find/Replace with regular expressions.
* Configs in JSON format. Including lexer-specific configs.
* Tabbed UI.
* Split view to primary/secondary. Split window to 2/3/4/6 groups of tabs.
* Command palette, with fuzzy matching.
* Minimap. Micromap.
* Show unprinted whitespace.
* Support for many encodings.
* Customizable hotkeys.
* Binary/Hex viewer for files of unlimited size (can show 10 Gb logs).
* Correctly saves binary files.