The main features are:
- Buildbot is easy to set up, but very extensible and customizable. It supports arbitrary build processes, and is not limited to common build processes for particular languages (e.g., autotools or ant)
- Buildbot supports building and testing on a variety of platforms. Developers, who do not have the facilities to test their changes everywhere before committing, will know shortly afterwards whether they have broken the build or not.
- Buildbot has minimal requirements for slaves: using virtualenv, only a Python installation is required.
- Slaves can be run behind a NAT firewall and communicate with the master.
- Buildbot has a variety of status-reporting tools to get information about builds in front of developers in a timely manner.
This package contains the slave implementation, i.e. the part that is executing builds and/or tests.