BeShare is a BeOS/Haiku-native file sharing program. It operates similarly to other such programs (IRC, Napster, Hotline, etc) but with a few advantages:
- BeShare allows you to upload or download any type of file, not just mp3.
- When browsing files, you can see their attributes (similar to Tracker's view).
- Your query is always "live", so if new files that match your query become available, you will see them added to the results list right away (you won't have to click "refresh" or anything first).
- BeShare includes a rudimentary chat mechanism for you social types.
- BeShare supports any number of simultaneous uploads and downloads in parallel, but will serialize simultaneous file requests to any given host for efficiency.
- BeShare connects to any MUSCLE server (see https://public.msli.com/lcs/muscle/ for details).
- BeShare source code is available, and serves as an example of how to write a MUSCLE client.