Beam (BEware, Another Mailer) is an open source e-mail client that aims to be fast, stable and feature-complete.
- Multiple mail accounts (POP & SMTP), with support for default-accounts and automatic selection of appropriate account when replying, etc.
- Fully MIME compliant (Beam passes the MIME-Torture-Test)
- Performance adequate for large mail folders (>10,000 messages)
- POP-authentication (POP3, APOP, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5)
- SMTP-authentication (SmtpAfterPop, PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5)
- Preliminary IMAP-support (fetches mails just as POP3 does)
- Full header-control, mail-headers can be edited directly before sending
- Identities, separating the user info (name, mail address, signature) from the network info (server address, login & password)
- Multiple signatures that can be dynamic by using scripts
- Filter capabilities (using SIEVE and a SPAM-filter)
- Customized filter chains to help with sorting emails
- Customizable shortcuts
- Customizable icon set